Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lennon

Lindsey shared her pictures with me.  So now I'll finally post some with me in them...

Sketching in the park:


Today, me, Lindsey, Allison, and Alyssum just wandered around the city.  It was really nice.  We found a cheap Indian restaurant (AWESOME) that had free water (EVEN MORE WONDERFUL).  Did I mention that restaurants don't serve free water?   People weren't kidding when they said beer is cheaper than water in Prague.  


We then found the only Starbucks in Prague which was really cool.  Just had to see it.  It is in this historic building and it hardly feels like "starbucks" at all.  The baristas there was so nice, and when I told them I worked at Starbucks in the U.S. they gave me the 30% discount, even though they didn't have to.  They seemed really nervous and kept saying that I hoped it all looked okay and that they hoped I liked my drink.  They offered different products and the pastries looked way tastier.  It was sort of surreal seeing the whole menu in crowns and all of the advertisements in Czech.  I'm sure we'll make it back over there again before I leave... plus they offer free Wi-fi.  

At the end of the Charles Bridge is a dedication wall to John Lennon.  Apparently, the look of the wall changes weekly as people continue to add to it.  There is a bronze bust of Lennon attached to the wall right above the "Imagine" peace sign.  The entire wall is covered with messages of love and peace.  



SO COOL. I bought this old photo album (from the 1930s or 40s?) from a vintage bookstore.  It is full of beautiful photographs of a couple of women in the summer.  I got it for about $6.00..what a steal:

This cat became our friend when we were picnicking today.  If I could picture a "Czech" cat...this would be it.  So hilarious:

Really random?  But cool.  An upside down umbrella in someone's yard in the Baba district:

In the metro station: 



No comments: