Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My feet hurt







I made it to Prague!  

And I now have internet access.  Finally.  Nothing here is easy.  But it's sort of nice having to struggle a little bit for things.  For the next six weeks I'll be relying on public transportation, using Czech currency (and euros), sans television and cell phone.  

Food has been interesting.  These people enjoy fried foods.  And cheese.  Especially if it is fried cheese.  They also like meat... yeah.  And potatoes.  And fried potatoes covered in cheese with "side salads" which are actually a pinch of shredded carrots, cabbage, and a slice of tomato.  Luckily, I've been able to grab some fruit at the markets.  We did our first grocery run today at this all-purpose sort of store called Tesco.  I bought store brand peanut butter (called "arasidovy-krem")  which was about half the price of Skippy.  I also snagged some oranges, cheese, strawberries, and a loaf of dark-looking bread which I'm hoping is wheat.  

We have done lots of walking to orient ourselves to the city over the past few days.  This city is beautiful. . . and full of history.  




No comments: